This relatively easy and short hike is close to the Bozeman, Montana metropolitan area. It is suitable for everyone in reasonable shape (including kids) and ends up with a 360° panorama of the area.
- Length: 4.5 miles roundtrip
- Difficulty: easy to moderate (due to elevation gain)
- Elevation gain: about 2000 ft depending on trailhead
- Exposure: none to slight (on the summit only)
- Family-friendly: yes
- Optimal Season: June – October (with significant snow in June likely)
- Fun fact: Great views of the Bridger and Crazy Mountain Ranges, with the Tobacco Roots and Beartooths in the distance. Access road passes the Bridger Bowl Ski Area.
[flickr-gallery mode=”photoset” photoset=”72157622259106388″]